Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sayonara Ghettosville!

See ya Marysville!  Don't let the door hit ya in the badonkadonk on the way out!  Helloooooooo Whatcom County!
DyLon, Yuki, and I are packing our bags and headed north to the land of burnt out hippies, potato burritos, and Western Washington University.  This decision was a LONG time in the making.  We've had it rough for the past few years.  Long awful commutes and poisonous work environments (that's all I'll say about that, ahem).  Did I mention the little gremlin that lives in my head?  He (I'm pretty sure he's a he, his voice is low) liked to constantly remind me that DyLon and I were 1.5 hours apart during the day.  Too much space for newlyweds wanting to spend every waking minute together.  I absolutely hated it that I could never go to lunch with my husband or call him for a nooner. T.M.I, I know.  Just making sure you're paying attention. 
We're super excited to move.  We've got a great house lined up - 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms.  HUGE yard for the Yukster.  Plus a shop for DyLon to tinker around in.  The super coolest part?  We only be minutes away from each other during the day.  There's comfort in that - a whole ton actually.  So now I just need to locate the world's coolest job in Whatcom County.  I haven't seen any job listings on Craigslist for a "Super Ultra Mega Cool Marketing Manager" just yet - but I'm hopeful.  I've had a few leads that pretty much fizzled, but I know there is something out there for me.  Until then, Yuki and I get to spend our days together walking, talking (she really needs to learn to shut up sometimes), and meeting DyLon for lunch.  This doesn't seem like a bad existence to me.
Sure, being in Whatcom County isn't all it's cracked up to be.  I'm going to miss my family, my new niece, and my friends like CRAZY, but I've had lots of promises of visits.  So that's comforting.  To those of you that have made those promises, I'm holding you to them!  Mark my words. 
You know what I'm NOT going to miss?  Driving down State St. in Marysville and counting the endless buffet restaurants, seeing all the drunk drivers on the road after spending their rent money at the Tulalip Casino, and the garbage that paves our neighborhood.


So sayonara Marysville!  I'm saluting you right now...can you guess the finger I'm using?

HELLOOOOO WHATCOM COUNTY!

2 comments:

  1. If you had decided to move to, say, Spokane, I would've said, "have a nice life". But you moved to the most beautiful town I know and I'm super jealous that you'll be minutes from your hubby. (I, unfortunately, live 2,768 miles away from my sweetie pie.) I will definitely be visiting when I'm back in town!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please go drink some beer for me at Boundary. I am double jealous because a) you're allowed to drink beer and I'm not, and b) because you now live in my very favorite town.

    ReplyDelete